Tuesday 9 December 2014

My (Un)Fortunate Sunday - Part 2

Salam love,


Okay I've been busy with my class, assignments and work to do so I didn't have much time to write. Hehehe... BTW, as I promised last time, here is the second part of my (un)fortunate Sunday. 


Part 2


After we let the car cool down, we continued our journey to Sunway Pyramid. On our way to Sunway, the car was okay. It just started to get slower and took time to speed up. When we arrived, we were looking for the parking space to park. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot since they closed the other lot. Then we decided to find the parking on the upper level. When started to climb slightly upper road, the car suddenly sliding back!!! Luckily my friend managed to pressed the brake. We almost bumped the Myvi behind our car. We were so shocked and panicked. So we decided to continue to find the parking on the lower ground. 


We drove about 10 minutes from one lot to another. The car was getting slower and slower. Finally we found a parking space almost at the end of the lot. It was so far that we had to cross the Sunway Hotel too. We were so relieved to find the space. So we started to go shopping, spent our time after all the chaotic moments. I managed to but new perfumes from Victoria's Secret and another perfume too. I didn't but the Colour Festival Blockbuster makeup palette that I wanted. Because I can buy it from Zalora with RM20 off. Hehehe...


After we spend about 4 hours there, we ate at Tony Roma's Restaurant. OMG!!! I really love the beef there. So delicious. Plus I think they have the BEST mashed potatoes ever!!! If you never try the beef or mashed potatoes, I suggest you to try it once. I really recommend it.




Alright, back to my story, while we were enjoying out dinner, my friend asked me about the parking ticket. She gave the ticket to me before we went to the mall. When I searched my bag, I realised that I've lost the parking ticket. OMG! Another problem???? Arghhh!!!! I was so frustrated. This was the first time I'd ever misplaced my parking ticket. So, I just thought that the charge for losing the ticket will be around RM20. When we contacted the one in-charged for this, I had to pay freaking RM50! I started to curse at that time. I was losing my mind for a moment. I just burnt RM50 for my careless mistake. Damn!


So, at 8 pm we started to head back home. Since we parked at the end of the parking lot, there were barely cars left at the lot. When we started the car, the temperature was very low. We were relief. There should be no problem anymore. So when we wanted to go out, we need to go to the upper level. Just we were climbing the road, the car started to slide back like before. And there was another Myvi behind our car. It was like deja voo all over again. The car started to honk so I immediately pushed the hazard light button. Alhamdulillah there was no other car behind us. I told my friend to go around the lot and speed up when we need to go up. And we finally did it!


Another plot twist - we need to climb in order to go out. Damn. Since I had enough with this thing, I decided to push the car. YES! I pushed the car. We were very thankful because there were no cars at all behind us. It was a relieved. 


Then we continued our journey. Before we headed South, my friend filled her fuel tank (RM40). It should be enough actually. So on the way home, we were laughing, cursing and continue to laugh when we talked about the incidents. Just when we thought everything was alright, my friend realized that her fuel was running out. The fuel indicator light started to light up. Then we realized the temperature went maximum. Oh, no.... Not again!


At that time, we were about 5 km before our exit toll. She started to switch off the aircond, we drove really slow. Then, we exit the highway. And bam! The were long lines before the toll. Gosh. The car started to shake really bad. I suggested my friend to call her parents because it was impossible for us to reach our destination with no fuel. 


Just after we passed the toll, we parked our car near the Plus office. We waited for her parents to come. Ahamdulillah, it was Sunday. So there were a lot of cars on the road. When her parents arrived (about 20 minutes after we parked), he checked the car. Tadaaa.... the engine already ruined, the oil (minyak hitam - I don't know the name) was drained due to overheat. One of the guys (they suddenly came when my friend's father started to check the engine) said that we were lucky the car weren't on fire because of overheat. 


Since there was nothing I can do, I called my dad and asked him to pick me. It was my unforgettable day ever. 


After the incidents, there are a lot of things that I have learnt.

  1. Don't continue to drive after you see smoke coming out of your front car.
  2. Don't fill the water tank within the 3 hours after you see the smoke.
  3. Don't continue to drive. Let your car cool down for at least 3 hours.
  4. Always check the water tank' lid.
  5. Don't carry your parking ticket when shopping. Either you leave it in your car or put it inside your purse/wallet.
  6. Get help when you notice something suspicious happen to your car.

Anyway, I was so relief that both of us were safe. It was quite traumatizing but I hope it will never stop us from having fun later. Hehehe... Here's a special picture for all of you.


(no fuel and the highest temperature ever)


Love,

Hanis

No comments:

Post a Comment