Sunday 5 July 2015

Movie Review: Terminator Genisys

Salam and hello dearies!


Yesterday my friend and I went out to break fast together at Palm Mall. We arrived at the mall at 6.30 pm and we planned to eat at Seoul Garden. Unfortunately all the tables were reserved earlier. We can only eat at 8.30 pm onwards. So, we reserved our table with 25% discount but we had to wait for almost 2 hours (and 1 hour after the break fast time). 


Since we have plenty of time before we can eat, we decided to watch a movie in order to kill our time there. There were not many choices because we must come to the restaurant between 8.30 to 8.45 pm or else they will cancel our reservation. So the only movie that will ends at 8.45 pm was Terminator Genisys.




I wasn't following any of the Terminator movies before. I knew that Arnold Schwarzenegger (Arnold susah-nak-eja) was the terminator, a.k.a the robot. I also knew the other character which is Sarah Connor (from The Sarah Connor Chronicles). The only knowledge that I knew is that the Terminator went back to the past in order to save Sarah Connor. That's it.


BTW, we entered the cinema about 5 minutes late after the movie had started. 


I'm not going to write the synopsis here. You can wiki or Google the synopsis yourself. I'm just going to give my opinion or review here. 


First of all, to my surprise, though I'd never watched any of the Terminator movies, I can still understand the storyline. I'm not really a big fan of sci-fi movies but this one is really interesting. I think the storyline is acceptable enough and not too heavy for me to think too much. I just had a slight confusion because of the time travel story.


The Terminator (Arnold) was also not bad. I like his robotic acting skills which looks real to me. I also like some of the humour in the movie. The other characters were not so bad either. Sarah Connor (Emilia Clarke) looks tough but cute at the same time. The hero, Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) was also hot enough for me to 'feel' the story. Hehehe...


Some of the casts (minus the Terminator himself)


There are few nudity scenes in the movie (classic Terminator scene). I enjoyed the fighting scenes too. They bombed, fired guns, threw punches to each other and that was so fascinating. Hahaha... Truthfully, I think this one is a worth-every-penny movie. I can give 4.5 stars for this movie. It's almost perfect. 


One of the scenes...


The movie ends at 8.50 pm. Since we passed our booking time, we ended up eating at Black Canyon where I had my favourite Tom Yum seafood. Hehehe... Whatever it is, if you haven't watch this movie, you should watch it. Even if you're not a sci-fi fan like me, you can still enjoy the actions (and nudity too). Hehehe...


The casts (minus the Terminator)


Till I write again!


Stay Fabulous


XoXo,
Hanis



Photos taken from Yahoo! Image.

No comments:

Post a Comment