Monday 6 July 2015

Unforgettable Ramadhan

Salam and hello dearies!


I'm sad. I'm extremely sad right now. One of my beloved nenek saudara (my grandma's sister) passed away this morning. I called her Wan Jam. She collapsed in the bathroom before sahur. I was so shocked when my mum told me that she collapsed. But since I was so sleepy I continued to sleep. Then my mum woke me up and told me that she passed away. I was dumbfounded. I lost my words. I cried. 


She was one of my nenek saudara (there are 3 of them) that we (my siblings and cousins) are closed to. Ever since I was little my family always go to their house in Kg. Baru. We are very close because all 3 of them are unmarried. So we are like their grandchildren too.


When I was studying in KL, Wan Jam and Wan Cu (the youngest of them) often helped me to send me to my collage. They fetched me at KL Central and sent me. Before I went abroad, Wan Jam (and Wan Cu) bought me a winter coat and a sweater. They were gifts for me. She asked me to choose the colour. I was so happy at that time. I still have the coat and sweater. I wore them for 2 years. 


My favourite sweater


The winter coat


My other memories with her is when she brought me and my sister for a short vacation in Port Dickson and Malacca. We visited many places and both of them paid for everything. We went river cruising, Taming Sari tower and so on. I will cherish every moment with her.


The last time I saw her was last June. My grandma wanted to visit them so I went to their house. I bought nasi lemak for them. At that time, Wan Jam and Wan Cu just came back from umrah. Wan Jam lost her weight and she looked sick. They told me that she wasn't feeling very well and she couldn't eat. But, she managed to finish her nasi lemak that I brought. Then I brought them to their favourite tailor to take their baju raya. She looked so happy. 


I felt so disappointed that I wasn't able to see her more often, She was one of the best grandma I've ever had. I'm lucky to have known her. I hope she's in a better place. I will always miss and remember you, Wan Jam. Insya Allah. I love you so much.


Al Fatihah. 


XoXo,
Hanis

No comments:

Post a Comment